Annual Free Introduction to Medical Coding Course (I2MC)
Apply Now for the 2020 Course
Learn How to Medical Code for Free
The Introduction to Medical Coding Course is a free online course on basic ICD-10-CM (Diagnosis) and CPT (Procedure) coding. Both represent major coding sets required for professional,outpatient, and facility coding. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to determine if coding is for them AND students will be prepared to matriculate to advance level courses to achieve coding certifications.
The AMCI CPC course is a comprehensive course providing superior coding instruction and CPC exam preparation. The curriculum includes an Introduction to medical coding class (I2MC) (Part 1) for anyone interested in pursuing a career in medical coding. This is our first class and is highly recommended for beginning coders. Upon completion of Introduction to Medical Coding, students are ready to complete parts 2 (Advanced ICD-10-CM and part 3 CPT Coding of the CPC Course.
Introduction to Medical Coding I2MC) Curriculum:
Introduction to ICD-10-CM (Instructor guided)
Introduction to CPT (Instructor guided)
Next level coding planning and assistance
Qualifications for FREE I2MC Course:
1. Applicants must be a novice to medical coding (no previous course enrollments or have taken a major coding exam)
2. Rolling Admission
3. To remain in course, must have regular class attendance (Miss no more than 3 (classes)
About the Course
1. Space is limited to 100 seats
2. Weekly live webinar classes are held each: January, March, May August, October
3. Any year ICD-10-CM manual and Any year CPT manual (can borrow from a friend, bookstore, library)
*Scholarship award letter will awarded Good luck!
*Referrals from AMCI students/Alumni have priority placement